Sunday, March 13, 2011

Heellllllloooooo there!

This is me...
"Oh what big teeth you have..."
 (circa 1986)
Me again...

I still have not grown into them...
And again...just being Kendra

1 little... 2 little... 3 margaritas!!!

If you are reading this, you most likely already know me…but it may have been a while since our paths have crossed...which translates to "chatted over a drink and an app." Let’s get reacquainted.
1. I love the beach and everything that comes with it: the warm sunshine, sun dresses, sun glasses, sun screen….the feeling of chilled jugo de vida being slathered on a 2.5 degree burns (that was a shout out, but I don’t know if the intended person is out there reading)
2. I only like to eat the ends of brownies; the corners are my favorite (crispy and burned please)! I do not understand why people cut then off and throw them out. Total waste! Word on the street is that some genius made a pan that bakes only "end" brownies; I need to get my hands on one of those!
3. I have a twin cousin who means the world to me (more about that conundrum later)
4. My remedy to get myself through a poor slump; spending time at Barnes and Nobel reading mags while sipping a skinny latte with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder and a sprinkle of vanilla. (I probably should not be indulging in Starbucks if I am poor...but I am an addict)
5. I am inspired by those who have truly overcome obstacles to live an authentic life or people who do amazing things and are kind and true to others…not really into ulterior motives.
6. I firmly believe that I can hide behind a pair of oversized sun glasses and be invisible. It is by no means feasible, but there are days that I would like to think so.
7. I have been told that I am too loud…I can’t disagree with that. I have one volume and it is “loud.” What do you expect? I am Italian; that is how we communicate best.
8. If I could have one superpower, I would want the ability to read people’s minds. Others have told me that this would be the worst superpower to have, but there is probably no better way to get to the truth.
9. I think the DVR is a master invention, as well as the Keurig Single Cup coffee brewer
10. I wear fat pants when necessary, and I am not ashamed to admit it. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
11. Piperlime, Overstock, Zappos and BlueFly were all created to test my genes for addiction as well as my self-restraint
12. I utilize my library card...often
13. Sports, of any kind, make me happy especially if I am smack-dab in the middle of the action. Being a fan at a spectator sport…exhilarating!
14. Even though I am open minded and tolerant, I hate glitter and clowns with a passion!!! There is not room in my life for either.
15. I have been described as a "guy's girl;" I can hang with the guys, throw down at "all you can eat wings" night, and also play a mean game of touch football, but I have to have my gfs to do fun stuff like shop, pedis, talk BFrankel, etc.
Finally, "I feel my greatest work is yet to come."























1 comment:

  1. I heart your #7 with a passion. I too have the same issue, and I could care less. It makes me, me and that's awesome (if I may say so myself).

    #15 - I completely understand. =)

    ReplyDelete